Add my Microsoft 365 email to Outlook (Windows)
Step 3 of the Set up my Microsoft 365 account series.
Add your Microsoft 365 email to Outlook 2016 (or newer) for Windows PC. Then you can send and receive business emails.
- Open Outlook. (Don't have the app? Here's how to download it.)
- Select File, and then select + Add Account.
If you haven't opened Outlook before, you'll see a welcome screen.
- Enter your Microsoft 365 Email address and select Connect.
- Enter your Microsoft 365 Password and select Sign In. If asked, choose if you want to use this account everywhere on your device.
- If your admin enabled multi-factor authentication (MFA), verify your account or set up the Authenticator app.
- Once Outlook shows that the email was added, select Done.
Note: You might need to choose your account type as Work or School to continue.